There are rules for this award. They are rather arduous.
Honest Weblog Award Rules:So here are my 7 blogs that I find brilliant in content or design:
1. You must brag about the award.
2. You must include the name of the blogger who bestowed the award on you and link back to that blogger.
3. You must choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design.
4. Show their names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with the Honest Weblog Award.
5. List at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then pass it on with the instructions!
1. Pharyngula is great because PZ never seems to let up. Ever. I like that in a blogger.
2. Jay McDonough at swimming freestyle always has something interesting, whether it be health policy commentary, an obscure video of an even more obscure musician, foreign policy advice, and some Bruce.
3. 3quarksdaily is just plain brilliant.
4. Newstalgia is full of old recordings from radio and records. It's not just fun, it's a great resource.
5. If you like history then The Edge of the American West is for you. Always smart, usually funny too.
6. I was recently turned on to Joe Bageant, a Virginia blogger who writes Deer Hunting With Jesus, is one of the smartest, maybe the smartest, southern progressive I have read. This guy is salt of the earth wisdom with a world-class intellect.
7. Last, but not least is Robert Reich's blog. He was Clinton's Secretary of Labor and now teaches at Cal Berkeley. I've met him, and know people who know him. He is a wonderful, brilliant, sweet, positive, good guy. Too bad Obama didn't use him. Our loss.
Now for the 10 things about myself, an anonymous blogger.
1. I am a man. Yes I am.
2. I am a single father.
3. I blog out of frustration (surprised?).
4. I had a cancerous tumor removed from me, and I take a drug in case they didn't get it all and it comes back.
5. I worry for America, and if Obama, the guy I supported so strongly, will pull off all the things it looks like he won't pull off.
6. I had a friend a few years back who called me a "hippie-republican" because I had a ponytail and didn't like being told what to do. She was my boss. We did it.
7. I shouldn't have told you #6.
8. My dad died of a different cancer than me.
9. I can play Friend of the Devil fast or slow.
10. I thought this was fun, difficult, and now, I can hit "publish" finally.
There it is. Thanks again to Perry for the award, and congratulations to the blogs above, as they are now winners too.